Equine Acres
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  LikeLike  
Breed of the Month

BannerFans.com
Dutch Warmblood
Get 100 Points every time you create a Dutch Warmblood this month!
Latest topics
» Sooo fav horse
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» The Horses
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:13 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» Please Read
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:41 am by LoveHorses2314

» Valentine!
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:40 am by LoveHorses2314

» Stormy
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:37 am by LoveHorses2314

» Horses and me
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:29 am by LoveHorses2314

» Horsie Fun!
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 am by LoveHorses2314

» How to Create Your Domestic Horse
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» My Horses
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:43 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» I'm new here, can someone help?
Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

Chatbox
Spotlight
Member of the Month
Sassy
Human of the Month
Tim Maclachlan
Domestic of the Month
Conversano Ivey
Wild of the Month
Silver Shadow
Powerful of the Month
Savros
Thread of the Month
Golden promise's new home (open looking for lead mare)
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
How would you rate EA v.2?
1 (hate it)
Every Human has rights (story) Vote_lcap0%Every Human has rights (story) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Every Human has rights (story) Vote_lcap0%Every Human has rights (story) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Every Human has rights (story) Vote_lcap57%Every Human has rights (story) Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Every Human has rights (story) Vote_lcap14%Every Human has rights (story) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
10 (love it)
Every Human has rights (story) Vote_lcap29%Every Human has rights (story) Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7
Affiliates
ADDICTED TO A WILD HORSE ROLE PLAYING GAME. EH Every Human has rights (story) Open Every Human has rights (story) Open Every Human has rights (story) Open Every Human has rights (story) Open Every Human has rights (story) Open Every Human has rights (story) Open
Every Human has rights (story) Button
Click Here to Affiliate!

Every Human has rights (story)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

Popularity : 13

Every Human has rights (story) Empty
PostSubject: Every Human has rights (story)   Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Um, I had to write this story in english. It needed to have 15 rights in it so ya.. I got five 4+ and one 4. The comment was "Utterly outstanding. Once again I am amazed at your ability to write in narrative. What a pleasure to read"

Every Human Has Rights

Mr. Honsan tapped the chalk against the chalkboard. His eyes searched the room over the settled students.
“Rights.” He said in a steady voice. “Someone tell us what that word means.” A few uneasy eyes spread over the class and some tentative hands shot up. Mr. Honsan chuckled.
“Nathan.” He said, staring at a boy with dark brown hair in the second row. “What are rights?” Nathan put down his hand and cleared his throat.
“Rights are basically what we can and can’t do in life. Some may call them freedoms.” Mr. Honsan nodded. “You’re getting there. Anyone want to add on?” Another hand shot up. “Allison.”
“Rights are…” She hesitated pulling her blonde hair. “Can I give some examples?” Mr. Honsan nodded, gesturing her on with his hand.
“Okay an example would be education?” Her voice was timid with some question. Mr. Honsan smiled.
“Yes. Now explain. Giving an example is just to easy.” He put the chalk down and stood beside the chalkboard.
“Uh…” Allison stammered. “Education is a right because we should all get a chance at life for a job. If someone doesn’t have education then they have no chance with their dreams.” She looked up. “Like right now. If education weren’t a right then most of use wouldn’t be here. Yet in some countries still many kids grown up without knowledge of stuff that your parents just can’t teach you.” Mr. Honsan considered it for a moment. Silence hung in the air.
“Yes. Good. Any other examples?” More hands rose as his students’ minds started to think. “Ty, you go.” The boy shifted in the chair and shook his dirty blonde hair.
“ Religion is a right because…” He paused for a moment. “Because if we didn’t respect other’s beliefs then where would we be in this world? Say we think Christianity was the only right religion. Many people would be thrown in jail, killed, torn from their family and friends, or force to believe in something that they don’t.” Ty took a breath.
“Very good. You guys are getting better.” Mr Honsan praised. “I want fifteen examples. If you guys can exceed this with good explanations then I shall bring ice cream for tomorrow.” The students seemed to perk up with excitement. He scanned the room. “It’s more difficult then you thought, huh?” Some nodded and a few murmurs wavered through the silence. Finally a hand went up. “Yes, Albany.” Girl pushed her long brown hair behind her ears.
“Another right would, mobility? Uh, this right is for freely moving around your country, entering or leaving, or remain in the same spot for the rest of your life.” Mr. Honsan frowned slightly.
“Not exactly. Can someone please help her?” A guy beside her smirked and put his hand up. “Yes Justin.” Albany rolled her eyes and slumped in her chair, grumbling. Justin winked at her, his eyes laughing. “What Albany means is…” he paused for emphasis, “is that every citizen of this country, Canada, has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada as they pleased, not forced to move or stay by the government and/or military.” Justin grinned at Albany, who just gritted her teeth and muttered, “show off.” Justin laughed. “No problem Albany, I’m happy to help anytime.”
Mr. Honsan gave a disapproving stare. “Yes, you’re right Justin.” He strode over to his desk and sat down in the chair, throwing his legs up on the desk and placed his hands behind his head. “Keep going.” He pointed to a short girl in the back. “Lily, you’re on.” She smiled and opened her mouth to speak.
“We have the right to vote for who we want to lead our country. Also known as a democracy.” A few of her friends giggled. She gave them a side-glance and smiled. “So, unlike a dictatorship, which is where the government has control over who is next for government and usually enforce that with military, for those of you who didn’t know.” More giggles and some annoyed sighs. “Democracies let the people decide stuff for themselves and we can change government whenever and chose whoever we want.” She sat up tall and proud.
“Okay Lily!” Mr. Honsan clapped his hands together. “Very good.” He said pleased. “But we still have a long way to go. Who’s next?” Albany put her hand up again. “Okay Albany, give it another shot.” She swallowed.
“Woman rights.” She said firmly. “We woman have the right to do anything and everything that a man could do. We can vote and work in anyway, shape, or form the same way a man could.” Justin glanced at her. “Huh.” He said in a mocking tone. She glared at him. Mr. Honsan coughed.
“Alright…” He turned slightly, searching the stillroom. “I really don’t want to have to pick on someone.” Still no hands. Sighing, he put on his reading glasses and picked up the class list. “Jose, why don’t you give it a try?” Her eyes widen in shock and she paused in trepidation. “Uh…” She searched for an example, thoughts coursing through her brain. “To speak English and French freely. Like in court we have the right to speak one of those.” Mr. Honsan tilted his head to the side.
“Uh, yes I guess that is one.” His finger drifted down the list. “Danny.” He said looked up. Danny fixed his glasses, pushing them up on his nose. “We have the right to assemble freely. So we can meet up with others peacefully without any thought of harm. Another one is that we can express of thoughts, beliefs, religion, and expressions freely in any sort of form whether it’s media or orally, or physically.” Mr. Honsan took off his glasses.
“Not intentionally physically, but you’re right about the other stuff.” He blew his nose and slathered some hand sanitizer over his hands. “Nathan?” He said seeing him raise his hand again. He looked down at a paper.
“Any person charged with an offence has the right to be tried within a reasonable time, not be compelled to be a witness in proceedings against that person in respect of the offence, and to be informed without unreasonable delay of specific offence.” Confused students turned to him and Mr. Honsan chuckled. “Explain.” Nathan sucked in a breath. “Okay, okay. You caught me.” He cackled putting his hands up in a sign of surrender. “But I gave you three!” He smiled. Mr. Honsan shook his head laughing. “You sneak. But fine.” Lily’s hand shot up. “Lily.”
“Okay, now we all know we should have the right to get jobs and all.” Motioning her hands in the air, “So, you know, we can have money and feed our family and such stuff.” Mr. Honsan sighed. “That ties into education so we can have jobs, but fine. Three more. Justin…” Justin stood up and slammed his hand on the table.
“ All citizens of Canada are equal to each other in all ways, no matter what gender, age, hair colour, skin colour, origin, race, and size! We have the right to do anything we want, that is legal…” His voice had risen over the class’s pandemonium. “Which ties in with woman’s rights.” He eyed Albany as he sat down. Mr. Honsan clapped. “Very well presented Justin.”
“We are allowed to follow our dreams!” Someone burst out. “If we can succeed our dreams then we can live how we want, then we can show our future generations what life is all about!”
“Way to put it Fred!” Jayden yelled and slapped his friend on the back. Mr. Honsan couldn’t help from laughing. “Okay, just please raise your hand next time.” A few hands shot up, the students wanting to show of their funny sides. “Ray! Last one, make it good.”
“Everyone has the right to be secure against unreasonable search or seizure!” His hands flew up with the paper in one. “Oh, oops.” He said shoving his hands down. Mr. Honsan shook his head chuckling. “Well I guess some of them weren’t that great, but is mint chocolate alright?” The class cheered as the bell rang and they all shuffled out of class talking excitedly to each other.
Back to top Go down
http://eternalhope.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Sassy
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
Sassy

Popularity : 16

Every Human has rights (story) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Every Human has rights (story)   Every Human has rights (story) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Very slpendid. I enjoyed it and I think that you are a very talented writer. I am very happy and proud to have you here at EA. Encore! Encore! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.equineacres.biz

Every Human has rights (story)
Page 1 of 1