Equine Acres
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  LikeLike  
Breed of the Month

BannerFans.com
Dutch Warmblood
Get 100 Points every time you create a Dutch Warmblood this month!
Latest topics
» Sooo fav horse
My story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» The Horses
My story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 7:13 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» Please Read
My story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:41 am by LoveHorses2314

» Valentine!
My story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:40 am by LoveHorses2314

» Stormy
My story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:37 am by LoveHorses2314

» Horses and me
My story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:29 am by LoveHorses2314

» Horsie Fun!
My story Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 am by LoveHorses2314

» How to Create Your Domestic Horse
My story Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:45 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» My Horses
My story Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:43 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

» I'm new here, can someone help?
My story Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm by YukiCat 雪猫

Chatbox
Spotlight
Member of the Month
Sassy
Human of the Month
Tim Maclachlan
Domestic of the Month
Conversano Ivey
Wild of the Month
Silver Shadow
Powerful of the Month
Savros
Thread of the Month
Golden promise's new home (open looking for lead mare)
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 224 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:35 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Poll
How would you rate EA v.2?
1 (hate it)
My story Vote_lcap0%My story Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
My story Vote_lcap57%My story Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
My story Vote_lcap14%My story Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
10 (love it)
My story Vote_lcap29%My story Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7
Affiliates
ADDICTED TO A WILD HORSE ROLE PLAYING GAME. EH My story Open My story Open My story Open My story Open My story Open My story Open
My story Button
Click Here to Affiliate!

My story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

Popularity : 13

My story Empty
PostSubject: My story   My story Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Hey guys, I'm starting to write a story. i have finished the Prologue andf the 1st chapter so far. It's not that great but here it is:

Prologue

In the legends of the Telekin warriors, great cats were born from the gods and had the powers of speech through the mind. They travel around, searching for their master to train them for battle against the dark forces that had sprung up over the years. After awhile the Telekins Warriors started to retired, but got wiped out when they least expected. Fate has come in full circle again and has come to haunt me. Being strong mentally and physically is not me. Utterly, I am not prepared. So as I write these words, I feel as my mother thought wrong when she named me, I am not my great grandma who, what I have heard, was the greatest warrior alive.

I can’t be Shaylynn James.

Chapter 1

I laid in bed listening to my parents yell at each other down stairs. Tears slowly fell down my cheeks as I got up and went to my closet. I pushed the doors open and pulled out my backpack and put it on my bed. I went to my dresser and started grabbing clothes and then stuffed them into the bag. I got my toothbrush, a book, a flashlight, and a pack of matches before I zipped it up. I slung it over my back and made my way downstairs. Shutting the backdoor quietly, I turned and look around the yard. My hands were still on the doorknob, it seemed like they never wanted to let go. The wind picked up a bit and it started to cool down. It made me shudder as the chill closed in around my bare arms. I pulled my knitted sweater out and put it on. The wind still managed to get through the holes, but it wasn’t as bad.

For what seems hours later, I stopped. The cool night air froze my tears partly. It had gotten dark so I took out the flashlight and turned it on. Its dim light made big shadows pop out of nowhere. I was scared of the dark, and being by myself in a dark forest was horrific. I picked up my feet again; the only comfort was the sound of the snow crunching under my boots. I yawned and my feet began to drag, it was late and I had to sleep so I flopped down under a big pine tree. I put the flashlight back and look through the low branches that hung around me. Nothing moved so I wrapped my blanket tightly around me and fell asleep.

The morning air was fresh and cold, stinging the exposed skin on my face. I got up, rubbing my tired eyes. I breathed out sadly as I realized where I was. Shivering, I got out my pocketknife and went to go find a rabbit. I was very hungry, and my father taught me how to hunt, so I might as well use my ability. I spotted one just coming out of its hole. It hopped around like there was nothing wrong. I climbed a tree above it and went out on a thick branch. I tested it, to see if it would hold. It didn’t even bend so I climbed out further. As soon as the small, fluffy tailed mammal got under me, I jumped it. With quick movements, I stabbed through its side. Feeling it go limp, I smiled with satisfaction. I brought it back to the pine tree. Breaking some medium sized sticks off of a tree, I made a small fire. Tearing the rabbit in chunks I stuck it on a stick and started to roast. I got to admit, I’m not the best cook so I burnt it, but it wasn’t all that bad. I put out the fire then I continued on. It got warmer so I took off my sweater. I walked till around what I thought was 1 p.m. I sniffled, trying to hold tears back now. I knew this was hard, but it was better then to listen to my parents bicker all the time, and eventually divorce. I started to run and kept going till I fell to my knees. I sat there for a while crying my heart out. All of a sudden a heard a deep growl. I got to my feet and stared at the bushes. It was still and quiet again so carefully I took a step forward, boldness taking over. A large Cougar leapt through the bush and landed on me. Its lips were curled up into a snarl so I saw its long sharp teeth that were inches from my face. I felt its claws dig in my skin and I scream out in pain. Its back claws were scrapping my legs. Then it disappeared. Confused, and out of breath, I gulped in lungful breathes of air. I turned my head and saw another Cougar. It was hissing and baring its teeth daring the other to a fight. The one who attacked me pinned its ears back and snarled. Oh no, I thought, it’s going to attack and the other Cougar is too small to beat it. The smaller one took a big step forward and growled. The bigger one lashed its tail and then turned around and ran into the brambles. That’s when I blacked out.

I woke up in a daze. Sitting up, I looked at my torn legs. Oh great, I thought, now I’m going to die cause there is no one in miles from here. Then I heard a woman’s voice in my head and my eyes widened.
“I see you’re awake now. You’ve been out for awhile, but I’ve been watching over you, so that Cougar didn’t come back.” I looked around and saw no one there. So I called out timidly, “Who’s there? Where are you?” No one answered. “Hello? I know there is someone there.” The voice answered this time.
“Oh please, I am not someone, I am your protector, and you are my master.” I scrunched my eyebrows together.
“Ok, but who are you?” I stuttered warily. The voice replied with an edge of laughter to it at my confusion.
“Look up.” I looked up and saw the smaller Cougar looking down at me. “Surprise” the voice said. My jaw dropped to the ground in surprise. A cougar is talking to me? How can that be? “Ok, please no gapping, it’s utterly disturbing.” The cougar said as she leapt to the ground gracefully. “Anyways,” she said as I shut my mouth. “ My name is Lyssa. Don’t bother with your name. I already know it. It’s Shay right?” I nodded and then found my voice again.
“Yes… but, you’re talking to me, how is that even possible? What’s even weirder is that, you’re not actually talking by moving your mouth, but you’re using your mind! This is so shocking and yet at the same time I feel like I made a great discovery.” I was talking so fast that at this point I needed to take a large breath. Lyssa seemed amused and I felt frustration boil in my stomach. “What is so funny?” I finally burst out, “Do I look weird or something?” I glared at her green eyes. She blinked and said,
“ No, you don’t look weird, you’re just blabbering on about nonsense, and it’s quite amusing. You just talk away and stop only to take a breath then you notice things around you. But anyways, yes, I do talk with my mind, yes; you may have made a great discovery because you have found a very rare species of cat. I appear to be a cougar, but my breed is smaller, far more agile, and stronger. I am a Telekin Cat. You, after training with me, will be my master and also a Telekin warrior.” This is when I just froze and stared at her in utter shock. She stood there waiting for me to retrieve my voice. Her tail flicked side to side for a while till I looked away from her eyes and took a breath.
“How is this possible? Like I mean, I thought Telekin Warriors and Cats were myths, legends, stories made up so children would feel safe at night. I don’t understand.” I looked at Lyssa, taking in her gorgeous green eyes.
“Stories? I think not. We are real as real can be! Just an evil force so long ago wiped us out that it seems very possible that we became myths. But now, we are reborn and have a destiny to fill with our masters.” I soaked it all up and blinked.
“Yes, but in the stories, it says you guys choose your masters. So why, why pick me out of all the people? I just ran away and probably won’t go back cause I can’t face my fear of my parents breaking up. If I can’t face that, how will I face your enemies? You pick me out of all the stronger men, all the more courageous girls. Me?” Lyssa nodded and looked straight into my blue eyes.
“ I picked you because, you are the one with the strongest soul, the boldest heart. I know you can do this; you love your parents so much you don’t want them to split up, so you ran away so they would stay together and find you. But I want to tell you, that made it worst. They are now thinking it was the other person who made you go. So either way they will divorce, they were not meant for each other. Respect that. Get over your fear. If you can do that, I know you will be able to do what destiny has planned for you. Now, I can take you back if you want.” Tears were rolling down my face now. Lyssa eyes were very sympathetic. I wiped them away and nodded.
“I can face this, it will be hard, but I will get use to it. I don’t want to let you down Lyssa.” I moved to hug her. She shoved her head into my stomach and started to purr.
“Now for your first lesson, to stay on well riding me.” I laughed quietly and stepped back as she lay down. “Well then, get on.” I got on timidly and she stood up. I could feel her breathing, and her muscles bunch, ready to spring into action.
“Ok, I’m ready whenever you are Lyssa.” She flattened her ears back and went into a bow type crouch, her backside high in the air.
“Grab onto my scruff and get ready. Hold on tight cause here we go!” Then it happened, I felt like I was fly over the ground as she raced on. The trees blurred around us. My house soon appeared, and I knew I couldn’t do this.
Back to top Go down
http://eternalhope.forumotions.net/forum.htm
PonyFreak
Foal
Foal
PonyFreak

Popularity : 10

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:13 pm

Sounds cool! I will be sure to read the full thing when I have the time Smile
Back to top Go down
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:20 pm

kk
Back to top Go down
Sassy
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
Sassy

Popularity : 16

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Very good story line. I am excited for the next edition of this. I will create a board and move your thread there. Why? Because this way if any others write such exceptional stories, they too can share them. At the moment I am out of books to read so I hope your brilliance creates a new chapter soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.equineacres.biz
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 am

thx Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PonyFreak
Foal
Foal
PonyFreak

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Just finished reading it... really good Smile and I agree with Sassy hopefully you'll make another chapter soon :p!
Back to top Go down
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:25 pm

K I'll start today, so I might not be replying to posts as often as I usually do.
Back to top Go down
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:17 pm

!!-Update-!!

I am suffering writers block and have only got a page and a half of the chapter done. I will hopefully finish sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I love you YukiCat
Back to top Go down
PonyFreak
Foal
Foal
PonyFreak

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Okay Smile I think we can wait xD
Back to top Go down
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Chapter 2

Lyssa stopped, so suddenly that I flipped over her head. She snorted and licked off some snow that was on my head. I rubbed my head and smirked at her. As I tried to stand, I realized my legs were torn. I let out a cry in pain and landed on my butt again. I heard someone running towards me and I looked at Lyssa. She was already heading off into the woods.
“I’ll be back once you are healed.” She said as slipped away out of sight. I heard a gasp and looked to see the faces of my parents. I looked back at myself to see the torn and blood stain pants.
“Hi.” I muttered, looking away. My father scooped me up and carried me back to the house. I clung onto him like a 5 year old. My mother had her hand on my back for comfort. I sniffled and looked up as I got laid on the couch.
“Oh honey.” Mom finally said. “What happened?” I shifted nervously. I looked out at the window and saw Lyssa. She nodded.
“Tell them the truth Shay.’ Her voice was strong and careful. I smiled weakly and cleared my throat.
“I ran away.” I admitted. “ I got attacked by a Cougar...” My mother gasped in horror, “… and amazingly came out of it alive.” I said in a stronger voice. My father looked at me and gave one of his crud jokes.
“Did you give him the old one two?” He ruffled my already messy hair. I pushed him away with a giggle. Mother just grimaced.
“I’ll go call the doctor.” She was always the more serious one. My dad winked at me and went to the bathroom to fill a bucket to clean me up since I probably couldn’t take a bath or shower. I shrunk up into a ball, clenching my teeth at the pain, but just ignored it. I had to admit, they were total opposites. I sighed, knowing they won’t stay together for much longer.

The doctor came after awhile. He examined my wounds and cleaned them up, covering my whole leg in bandages.
“You should be O.K. to walk, just no sports or running, might reopen the sores.” He finally said as he packed up to leave. Mother paid him his check up fine and bid him good day. Father brought out a bucket and we went outside. My mother washed my hair and blow-dried it. They left so I could clean the rest of my body in private, being 14 and all. The winter air was freezing against my skin. I shivered and quickly finished off. I went inside, a towel wrapped tightly around me. I had a hard time climbing the stairs to my room. I finally made it and changed. Flopping down on my bed, I closed my eyes, exhausted from the day.

Sunshine flooded into my room. I moan and rolled over. It has been a few weeks since I came back so I am fully healed and going back to school. My alarm clock rang loud and clear in the quiet air. My hand slammed down on the off button and I rubbed my eyes. I was all twisted around in my blankets and I had to squirm out of them. Not fully awake, I fell onto the floor and gave a small scream in surprise. My mother rushed in and looked at me in shock. I stood up and rubbed my head.

“Sorry bout that.” I muttered. She was still looking at me, her eyes resting on my scars. Feeling exposed just in my underwear and a spaghetti strap tank top, I grabbed my housecoat. “Go away, I’ll be down in a few minutes.” I glared at her till she finally turned and walked away, forgetting to shut the door. I sighed, shut the door, and changed into some black jeans and a nice gray comfy sweater. I jogged down stairs and slide into the closest chair. Father was sitting in the living room reading a newspaper, most likely the comic section. My mother placed a plate in front of me with some bacon, eggs, and a piece of toast with crunchy peanut butter on it. I gobbled up the meal and ran off to the bathroom.

First washed my face, then brushed my teeth, and finally tackled my messy bed head. I sprayed a lot of detangler in and brush it out. It fell perfectly on my shoulders in brown waves. I put a nice blue headband with a bow on it in the center of my head. Next was makeup. I had just bought a foundation with a light bronzer into it. I dampened a sponge and got some of the liquid on, spreading it all over my face. I finished off my eyes with some white shiny eye shadow on my brow bone. It examined my work, the darkest blue on the bottom, and then it got lighter and lighter and finished off with the white. I added black eye liner and mascara. I licked my dry lips and immediately put a good layer of lip chap on.

“Shaylynn! The bus will be here any minute!” My mother’s voice boomed from downstairs.

“Coming!” I yelled back and quickly packed my backpack. “Oh shoot.” I mutter. “Mom! I forget to make a lunch last night!” I thumped down stairs with my empty lunch pal. My mother sighed and looked at my father.

“James, do you have five dollars?” My father reached into his pocket and pulled out a ten, “This is all I have on hand.” He said giving me a wink. I smiled back and grabbed the money. “Thanks!” I said as I rushed out the door just as the yellow bus arrived across the street. I smiled to the bus driver and walked down the aisle. Everyone was looking at me and then at my jeans. They knew I was covering up. I sat down in the back and looked out the window. Rain started to roll down the glass and the sky was gray. The usual weather for Elmira. About ten minutes later we arrived at school. I got off last and followed them slowly, just going through the doors when the bell rang. I ran to my locker and quickly got my binders and pencil case. Strolling down the hall, I turned into my homeroom class. Everyone was walking around, yelling to each other and throwing paper. Typical. The teacher entered and everyone calmed down heading to his or her seats. I sat down beside a girl with a blonde messy bun and glasses. She is my best friend Chanelle. She looked over and her eyes widened.

“Shay! Oh My God, you’re back! What happened, why weren’t you at school, you never called...” Oops. I guess I forgot to call her. I put on a poker face.

“Oh, I was home with an… injury. Come down Nelly. I couldn’t move from my bed much and I guess it never crossed my mind to call you. I’m sorry.” She looked at me with worried eyes. “What type of injury, you were gone for a long time, basically a month.” Guess she didn’t hear the gossip.

“I got attacked by a… cougar.” I said after a moment. Nelly looked like she was going to scream, but instead she hugged me. I gasped and looked around, no one saw, good. Sometimes Nelly doesn’t totally act our age, and we don’t hug here.

“Okay children, get out your math sheets so we can mark them.” The teacher said and tapped the chalkboard. I took out a piece of paper to write on.

I ran away and the next morning a Cougar attack me but another one saved me. She can talk, to me, in my head.

Wait what? A cougar can talk to you?

Well, she isn’t a Cougar. She is a Telekin Cat. Her name is Lyssa.

A Telekin Cat? Like from those bedtime stories?

Ya, except, they’re real Nelly.

WHAT?! How? Not possible.

It is, I’ll show you her after school. She said she would come back once I was healed.

So, this means you’re a Warrior?

I guess so.
Back to top Go down
YukiCat 雪猫
Herd Leader
Herd Leader
YukiCat 雪猫

My story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My story   My story Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Bumpss (enjoy ^.^)